MD397 Hybrid turbochargers fit Ford Focus RS DURATORQ engines, year 2002->2004, OEM number 1M506K692AE
MD397 Hybrid turbos replace 722979-0003 & 722979-5003S turbos but is not a direct bolt-on unit.
MD397 Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo comprises:
- 52 trim GT32 compressor wheel
- 0.60 A/R compressor housing modified to accept new compressor wheel
- 76 trim GT28 series ‘low inertia’ Inconel turbine wheel
- Garrett Ballistic Concepts dual ball bearing cartridge fitted with uprated bronze bearing carrier
- Staggered gap piston ring fitted
- Modified 0.64A/R turbine housing
- Uprated 1 Bar actuator fitted
- Recommended maximum boost: 26-28 PSI
- Estimated Power Output: 340-360 bhp*
Important: This unit will not fit the standard manifold and requires a new air intake system, exhaust down-pipe, modified oil feed pipe and oil drainpipe.
*This application needs exact engine management settings and a free flow exhaust system to achieve these horsepower figures.
Got a question about this turbo? CONTACT US