This hybrid turbo is designed to be a bolt on upgrade for all single scroll Subaru Imprezas. Turbos come complete with 2 year warranty and full fitting kit included in the price.
The MDX555 Hybrid Turbocharger supersedes our famed MD555 Subaru turbo and comprises the same specification with the added benefit of a billet compressor wheel upgrade. This spec is proven to produce 380-400 bhp
- Turbo Dynamics specially designed turbine housing to replicate exacting tolerances of original IHI housings along with improved air flow for better spool and power figures,
- Turbo Dynamics designed special forged billet compressor wheel offering improved strength, lighter weight and improved flow over standard cast items. Designed to make 400bhp whilst offering OE like spool.
- Garrett “Ballistic Concepts” dual ball bearing CHRA
- Turbo Dynamics specially designed compressor cover featuring standard or fly-by-wire outlet with 58mm inlet to fit OE Subaru intake pipe (76mm Ported Shroud also available at extra cost)
- 1.2 bar actuator fitted as standard
- Turbocharger fully blueprinted to motorsport standards.
- Recommended maximum boost level is 28-30 P.S.I.
- Full Fitting Kit Included
- Zircotec Thermal Barrier ceramic coating (white) to reduce under bonnet temperatures and minimise performance loss (as pictured)
- 76mm Anti-Surge Ported Shroud Compressor Cover
- Motorsport Style Bronze Bearing Carriers to replace the standard fitment Phenolic Resin items
The turbocharger uses Turbo Dynamics own design billet compressor wheel which not only offers improved response but also improved reliability over the original cast compressor wheels. The size of the wheel has been designed and tested in our own CAD facility to deliver great performance, reliability and aesthetics.
Wheel sizes range from 67mm to 82mm depending upon flow requirements.
The MDX555 series of turbos feature our own UK designed and manufactured bespoke turbine housing. Based around the original OE IHI turbine housing and then refined using our in-house CAD facilities to optimise performance and to allow the fitment of a range of Garrett Ball Bearing Core Assemblies. The housings are cast from OE materials ensuring reliability.
Zircotec ceramic coating in performance white is optional on these housings and other colours from their range can be catered for to suit individual requirements.
In order to cater for the latest Subarus featuring fly-by-wire throttle control we have designed and manufactured our own compressor cover for these turbos. Offering different a/r options (0.60 or 0.70) as well as different inlets options (standard Subaru 58mm or 3” ported shroud) whilst also catering for fly-by-wire and cable throttle cars you can be sure we have a compressor cover option available to suit your vehicle.
Designed, cast and machined in the UK to our own exacting standard the Turbo Dynamics compressor cover allows the MDX555 range to be easily fitted to all Imprezas.
The MDX555 range of turbos have been designed from the outset to accept the Garrett Ball Bearing Core Assembly which offers good response and reliability. Various sizes of turbine wheel are used to tailor the turbo to the performance requirements to ensure optimal response and power.
Bronze bearing carriers can be specified as an option on the MDX555 range which replaces the standard phenolic resin itmes. This is a good upgrade for anyone using the vehicle on track days or in a motorsport environment.
Here at Turbo Dynamics we produce our own range of uprated actuators for a variety of different applications and fitments. A heavy duty, 1.2 bar actuator is usually fitted to the MDX555 range of turbos. Other pressures are available and can be fitted depending upon your boost control requirements.