Turbo Dynamics offer proven Formula One Ceramic Coating technology for turbochargers & turbo related components.
Heat transfer from the exhaust can be one of the most damaging environmental factors for cars and motorcycles. It can reduce component reliability, damage expensive finishes, reduce performance and create safety issues.
Traditional solutions such as exhaust insulation wrap and turbo blankets may add their own problems, including reduced airflow, the need for more under bonnet space and increased maintenance, yet with today's exceptional temperatures they may still not be able to deliver a complete reprieve from thermal radiation.
Ceramic Coating has been proven to:
- Reduce underbonnet temperatures by up to 50 degress celsius (122 degrees fahrenheit), as independently measured & confirmed by DAMAX Race Engineering.
- Reduce surface temperatures by 33%.
- Increase engine performance, eg. a 30 degress drop in intake air temperature can deliver a 6% increase in power.
- Extend the life of vulnerable components and thereby enhance engine reliability.
The Zircotec Group, comprising of Zircotec and Performance 1 Coatings, offers a range of over 100 ceramic finishes for all sectors of the automotive industry.
Proven in F1, trusted by the world's finest car restorers and now specified by leading car and motorcycle manufacturers; the coatings offer various grades of thermal protection with visual and textural enhancement. The quality assured, and accredited, Zircotec Group offers increased manufacturing scale from its UK state of the art site with both batch and mass production capabilities.
The Zircotec process solves these problems with an exceptionally high performance ceramic thermal barrier that is compact, lightweight and far more durable than any current competitor technology.
The technique has a vast range of potential applications, from Formula One to road cars and bikes, and has been proven over twenty years of use with the world's most successful motorsport teams.
Other Benefits of Ceramic Coating:
• Increase engine performance by reducing air intake temperature
• Reduce 'turbo lag' or 'spool' time by keeping the turbine inlet gases hot
• Reduce or eliminate fuel vaporisation
• Enhance reliability through reduced under-bonnet temperatures
• Protect heat sensitive components
• Improve packaging and airflow by eliminating thermal wrap
• Keep drivers alert and passengers comfortable by reducing cockpit temperatures
• Improve safety by reducing fire risk
• Tests have proved that Zircotec thermal barriers can reduce under bonnet temperatures by up to 30ºC; lower intake air temperatures
can lead to power improvements of up to six percent (6%)
To see what we can offer, please fill in the form below or click on Ceramic Coating below: